Your favorite holiday song
Frosty the Snowman
- Let guests create their own snowmen with Styrofoam balls, white paper plates, felt, etc.
- Serve alcoholic snowballs: shaved ice mounded in cups, drizzled with liquor or liqueur.
The 12 Days of Christmas
- Have the menu highlight the foods mentioned in the song.
- Set up 12 tables for guest seating and label each with one of the days.
- Make large posters or cut-outs of one of each item from the song (one golden ring, one lord a-leapin’, etc.). Challenge guests to put them in the correct order.
- Set up a “Winter Wonderland” with twinkling lights and bluebirds on potted plants and fake snow making a path at the party entrance.
- Asks guests to bring mittens and gloves to hang on a Christmas tree at the party and be donated afterward to a local charity for the homeless.
Your favorite holiday movie
- Serve two kinds of hot spiced cider: spiked and non-spiked.
- Use your party as a fundraiser for the Wounded Warriors Project or other charity for veterans.
- Ask each guests to wear a favorite winter scarf to the party.
Miracle on 34th Street
- Have Santa on hand to hear guests’ Christmas wishes.
- Decorate with mailbags stuffed with evergreen boughs and used envelopes.
- Ask each guest to bring a new, unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots campaign.
A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Decorate with spindly trees, burned out light strings, etc.
- Let guests decorate a large doghouse with lights and ornaments.
Your favorite holiday food
- Have a pie bar for dessert, with several variations on pumpkin, pecan and mince pies.
- Decorate with pie plates filled with poinsettias and seasonal greens.
- Ask each guest to bring a favorite pie recipe (written on an index card). Collect and redistribute as party favors at the end of the event.
- Use oyster plates as the basis for the decorating scheme.
- Feature a raw oyster bar as well as variations on cooked oysters.
Crazy for Cookies
- Have a Cookie Swap as part of the party.
- Set up a “frost-your-own cookie” bar. Supply sugar cookies in various shapes along with cans of decorator frosting, assorted jimmies and toppings, small pieces of fruit and nuts.
- Decorate with wreaths covered with cookies, baking sheets with holiday messages made of felt, bouquets of spatulas, etc.